Christmas is the time of year that families traditionally gather together around the tree, and then around the dinner table. Though most of us have already made plans for Christmas dinner, a few procrastinators have yet to decide whether to dine in or go out. While dozens of restaurants offered Thanksgiving buffets or family-style meals, only a few are open for Christmas. To help those still looking for a good option, we have gathered this list of Indianapolis restaurants open on Christmas Day:
- Pullman’s Restaurant (Crowne Plaza Hotel) – 123 W.Louisiana St., (317) 236-7470. Christmas buffet served from 11 AM – 8 PM featuring Herb Encrusted Prime Rib and Maple Glazed Baked Ham; $24.95 for adults, $17.95 for Seniors, and $13.95 for children 12 & under.
- Capital Grille at The Conrad – 50 West Washington St., 317-524-2574. Serving their regular menus from 6:30 AM – 11 PM
- Live! Market Buffet – Indiana Live! Casino, 4300 N. Michigan Road, Shelbyville, 877-386-4463. Serving a special Christmas menu from 11 AM – 9 PM ($19.95 pp) that features a wide variety of traditional, homemade soups, salads and entrees, including carved Steamship Round of Beef. (Make sure you leave some room for dessert.)
Click here to see the menu
In addition these more traditional choices, a number of Asian restaurants in the area will also be open. We have recently experienced two new “Super” buffets, Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet on the Southside and Teppanyaki Grill & Supreme Buffet, with locations on the Eastside and Westside. Each features a LARGE buffet of more than 200 items, plus you can select from a variety of fresh meats, vegetables, rice, and noodles and have it cooked in front of you by a Hibachi/Teppanyaki Chef.
Most of the food we have tried has been very tasty, and at under $10.00 a person for dinner, a real bargain. BONUS: Dessert Bar featuring eight flavors of Blue Bunny Ice Cream and toppings!
- Teppanyaki Grill & Supreme Buffet – 5390 West 38th Street, (317) 293-1600
- Teppanyaki Grill & Supreme Buffet – 9701 East Washington Street, (317) 897-6884 – More information
- Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet – 7737 Shelby St (at US 31), (317) 888-4888
We hope this information has been helpful to those still looking for a place to eat on Christmas. Whether you are having dinner at home with your family and friends, or going out, everyone at Thiele Heating and Air Conditioning wishes you a very Merry Christmas.
And if, heaven forbid, you have a heating emergency during the holidays, our team of skilled technicians is here to help 24/7, even on Christmas Day! Just give us a call at 317-639-1111 and one of our elves will be there lickety-split.